If you have to use a story to start your sales letter (Story lead...) please NOTE:
Don't start by saying:
I was born into a very poor family,
My father was a Journalist and my mother, a petty trader.
- Zero drama.
- Zero intrigue
- Zero curiosity
- Lack of punch
You give your reader the impression this is another rags-to-riches story
And for this reason, your Copy is....
DEAD ON ARRIVAL!
If you'll sell with stories,
Start with drama or intrigue or curiosity
Something that gives your reader a punch in the GUT!
- I'll never forget standing there like a fool
- My wife threatened to divorce me and leave with our 2 daughters
- I knew I was going to die and I was ready to kill the stupid DOCTOR
Then tie it in with the rest of your copy....
P.S: There are many ways to get paid as a Copywriter.......... and also many ways to get screwed by charlatans parading themselves as Rich business owners...
- Don't worry just start, I'll pay you once you're done (We're going to be
working on a lot of projects together...)
- I'll pay you in equity.. I want you to partner with me
- You'll definitely get your money, that's not a prob...
Listen, if you're in the business of writing for money:
Don't cook anything until you've gotten at least 50% of your money upfront
I learned some hard-won lessons in my early years
Lessons about how to avoid getting screwed and instead,
Dine with deep pocket Clients who pay well and pay on time.
If you're interested in getting well-paying writing projects (not $10 or $100 per article, but $1000s per gig.....) from trouble-free clients...
Get some help here: nairaroad.com/averagejoe